Author Topic: COD, MW3 [Disk Error]  (Read 2956 times)

berto101

• Civilian
    • View Profile
COD, MW3 [Disk Error]
« on: December 06, 2011, 01:00:56 PM »
hello forum users. i have recently purchaced call of duty 8 and i managed to get 5 hours play time online but all of a sudden i can barly make it 3 minutes in a game (if im lucky) without this error coming up or if not it just freezes. there is no obviouse reason (that i know of) to why this is happening. Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone help me?? oh just to add the campain is fine so it is just the multiplayer side of it. thanks for reading, much love Rob.

tom

• Battlefield Mishap
  • Admin
  • SAS General
    • View Profile
Re: COD, MW3 [Disk Error]
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 09:07:42 AM »
This may or may not mean you have a defective disk. Lots of gamers have experienced "disc read errors" while trying to play the Xbox 360 edition of Modern Warfare 3.

The reports can be found on an increasing topic thread over at the Xbox forums. This particular error makes it impossible to load the game correctly and you will not be able to play it. The error typically appears whenever you try to start the game. There are also reports that some players have replaced the game with a new version, but still have the disc error message whenever they try to load the game.

http://callofduty-8-modernwarfare-3.com/modern-warfare-3-disc-error-issues-on-xbox-360/
If your boss is getting you down, look at him through the prongs of a fork and imagine him in jail.

borkman

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: COD, MW3 [Disk Error]
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 09:13:26 AM »
It seems that there are more than a few problems with some Xbox 360 copies of Modern Warfare 3. :(

I've seen plenty of messages on various forums from saying that their devices have displayed disc read errors while trying to play COD 8. These errors are seen either when the game is started or at various moments in its single-player, co-op or multiplayer campaigns.

Even after polishing or cleaning up the disk, the errors continued to appear.

Some players who have friends with other consoles took tried out the copies and found the disc read error appearing once again, so it's quite certain that there's a problem with the disc and not their original console.

As of yet, however, Activision has yet to really say anything about this so this may be just some isolated cases, a faulty batch of discs could also be to blame for these errors. Microsoft support have also posted in the thread and confirmed that these issues can't really be fixed on their end because it's not a software or console problem that's causing them.

CODMB is the premier Call Of Duty website, providing you with top class COD tips, tactics, and forums, plus COD 8 news and information
We cover all Call of Duty versions, including Call of Duty 8, Call of Duty 7, Modern Warfare, Call of Duty 6, Call of Duty 5, and Call of Duty 4